Friday, March 7, 2014

Katie Writes: Hello Blogging, So Long Spring Break

Hello friends! We appreciate your warm welcome into the blogging world.
We will be taking turns writing and I'm starting us off! 
I'm Katie. I'm 20 years young and  a sophomore at the University of Redlands. (GO DAWGS) 
My beautiful mother is Paula, she is the executive director of a
fabulous non-profit in Seattle, the Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center. 
What a mouthful! She is also 20 ;) 
We are soul-mates, best friends, life-lovers, and now blogging queens. 
We decided to create this blog to share with you
our thoughts on life, love, positivity, the planet and FOOD!
 It will be absolutely, positutely lovely.


Today was the last day of my spring break here in Washington before I head back to 

California and what better way to spend it than with my mama! 
Today I went into Seattle to meet that woman for a wonderful afternoon of coffee 
and shopping. Our favorite LOCAL Gelato shoppe downtown 
is called GelatiamoIt's on 3rd and Union, if you're familiar with the area! 
This place is darling AND delicious. My mom and I always go in there to get
our sugar-free vanilla soy lattes with cocoa powder, and sometimes gelato,
pastries and cake too (if the occasion suits us of course!). YUM.
Here are our recommendations:
Coffee: Their lattes are delicious and the shop itself is ADORABLE. 
So sit your booties down for a coffee "for here". Have your latte any way you want it. 
Seriously, the girls who work there will make custom order coffees just how you want it, 
all you have to do is ask! Also, their drip coffee suits my father...this is a major feat
because not much suits that cranky man!
Cake: The chocolate cake is DIVINE! I've had it multiple times. 
It's rich and delicious with this decadent swirly chocolate frosting toppings.
 Order by the slice, get a mini, OR a whole cake that will feed 10.
Pastries: One. Word. Cannoli (cream or chocolate filled)

Go ahead and 'like' them on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Gelatiamo
OR
Visit their website for catering and delivery options!
http://www.gelatiamo.com/

Mangia bene, vivi felice! 


No comments:

Post a Comment